This is the base I use for all of my soups. It is light, easy, and delicious!
1 T. Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
2 medium, yellow onions, roughly chopped
2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 garlic gloves, unpeeled and crushed
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp. crushed black pepper
8 cups water
2 tsp. liquid aminos (use can also use tamari or soy sauce)
1/2 tsp. salt (optional, I usually do not bother)
1. Drizzle the oil on the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
2. Add the ingredients to the crockpot, liquids last.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 to ten hours.
4. Allow stock to cool for a couple of hours.
5. Strain cooled stock through a fine, mesh sieve into a container.
6. Stock can be stored in tightly sealed container for a few days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.