I am not into the paleo diet.
Being vegetarian, it would be difficult undertaking.
However, this is one recipe that is Paleo, healthy, vegetarian, and delicious.
1 large butternut squash (approximately 6 cups cubed)
1 3/4 cup coconut milk.
2 cups of vegetable stock (I made my own)
1 granny smith apple, cored, and cubed.
2 carrots, chopped into 1 inch sections
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
(makes about 2 quarts of soup)
1. Throw all of the ingredients into the crockpot and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
2. Purée using a blender or food processor (You might want to allow it to cool a little before doing this step)
Ingredients before I say goodnight!
This is the most ridiculously easy recipe you will ever use!
2 – 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Wash sweet potatoes and do not dry.
- Place in crockpot and cook on low for 4 – 6 hours.
This is the base I use for all of my soups. It is light, easy, and delicious!
1 T. Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
2 medium, yellow onions, roughly chopped
2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 garlic gloves, unpeeled and crushed
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp. crushed black pepper
8 cups water
2 tsp. liquid aminos (use can also use tamari or soy sauce)
1/2 tsp. salt (optional, I usually do not bother)
1. Drizzle the oil on the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
2. Add the ingredients to the crockpot, liquids last.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 to ten hours.
4. Allow stock to cool for a couple of hours.
5. Strain cooled stock through a fine, mesh sieve into a container.
6. Stock can be stored in tightly sealed container for a few days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.